What did Joshua and the people of Israel need to have if they were going to be successful in taking the Promised Land?
Dedication to the word of God and to follow God's instruction to the last detail.
1. Compare and contrast the accounts of Jericho (Joshua 2, 6) and Ai (Joshua 7)
2. Make a list of the other sections in the Old and New Testament where we find commands to stay true to God's word.
3. Search through Joshua for other battle texts. What common themes run through them?
1. Why was death the punishment for Achan and his sin?
2. Why is it sometimes difficult to remain fully dedicated to the commands of God?
3. What are some ways we can become more dedicated followers of God?